Maximise your Centrelink Entitlements

We can help you take away some of the financial stresses while we are fighting this massive hurdle of Coronavirus or whether you’re planning your retirement.

  1. We can work with you to create a plan for managing the money you have and can advise on your eligibility to receive Centrelink benefits.
  2. We can provide you with advice and assistance on applying for the Age Pension, what information is required and help you with the paperwork if you are eligible.
  3. We also look at strategies on how to maximise the Age Pension and other forms of support and benefits you may be eligible for.
  4. If you’re considering a transition to retirement or want to make the most of your retirement years, we’re here to help you.

Call us now at SMART Financial Advisory (03 97986622) and request an appointment.

A $750 one off Economic Support Payment

About 6.5 million Australians will get a one-off payment as part of the Government’s response to coronavirus (COVID-19).

Government will pay you the $750 one off Economic Support Payment if you’re living in Australia and get an eligible payment on 12 March 2020.

You don’t need to do anything; they will pay you automatically. You’ll get the money from 31 March with most getting it by 17 April 2020.

Eligible payments include:

  • Age Pension
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Carer Payment
  • Carer Allowance
  • Parenting Payment
  • Wife Pension
  • Widow B Pension
  • ABSTUDY (Living Allowance)
  • Austudy
  • Bereavement Allowance
  • Newstart Allowance
  • Youth Allowance
  • Partner Allowance
  • Sickness Allowance
  • Special Benefit
  • Widow Allowance
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • Family Tax Benefit A
  • Family Tax Benefit B
  • Double Orphan Pension

You’ll also get the payment if you have 1 of the following concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Veteran Gold Card.

You’ll also get the payment if you get 1 of the following Department of Veterans’ Affairs payments:

  • Veteran Service Pension
  • Veteran Income Support Supplement
  • Veteran Compensation payments, including lump sum payments
  • War Widow(er) Pension.

You’ll only get 1 payment, even if you get more than 1 qualifying payment or card.

Make sure Centrelink have your right details so they can pay you. The easiest way to do this is by using either:

If you don’t have an online account, you can phone Centrelink on your regular payment line.

The payment is subject to legislation passing. It won’t be counted as income for social security and family tax benefit payments, aged care fees and charges, Farm Household Allowance and veterans’ payments. It’s tax exempt. They won’t use this payment to pay off an existing Centrelink or Child Support debt.

Call us now at SMART Financial Advisory (0402895593) or email us on and we can help you in these difficult times of need.

Get It Touch